The odds say that if you drive enough, at some point you will be involved in at least one accident, even if it is not your fault. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 70% of all auto accidents leave the vehicle in drivable condition, which means you likely won’t need to buy a new car, but you will need to have your current vehicle repaired at an auto body shop.
Also keep in mind that the insurance company’s definition of ‘totaled’ isn’t based on drivability. Rather, a vehicle is considered ‘totaled’ if the cost to repair the vehicle is higher than the actual cash value (ACV) of the vehicle.
Carsmetics revolutionized the auto body industry in 1997 by creating a streamlined auto repair service focusing only on drivable accident repairs. As a result of our unique, proprietary process, most repairs can be completed in 1 to 3 days, at a significantly lower price than most other shops. Carsmetics specializes in fixing the category of minor or light collision repairs. You may determine for yourself based on whether your car is still drivable or not.
So what steps will you need to take when you are involved in an automobile accident? Determine that nobody is injured. When damage is minor or light and your car is still drivable, that is when you want to consider going straight to Carsmetics for a repair.
If the car is not drivable:
- Stay calm and take a deep breath
- Check yourself and others for injuries, including the other vehicle’s driver, and call an ambulance if necessary.
- For minor accidents, move all vehicles to the side of the road
- Turn on your hazard lights and use cones or flares if they are available
- Call the police to report the accident and wait for them to arrive on the scene
- Notify your insurance company immediately
Your insurance agent or representative will help walk you through the rest of the process, including how the repairs will be paid for, if the car isn’t ‘totaled’ by their definition. Most of the time you will be able to take your vehicle to your mechanic or an auto body repair shop of your choice.
Why Choose Carsmetics?
- Several convenient locations
- Clean and quiet waiting areas
- Friendly and professional staff
- Free exact quotes within 10 minutes
- Easy financing and low prices
- Insurance or non-insurance repairs
- Lifetime guarantee for all repairs
The next time you find yourself involved in an auto accident, come into one of our many locations for fast, friendly service backed by our lifetime guarantee. Carsmetics will help get you back on the road in no time.