Car Scratch Repair
There are basically two types of scratches:
- Superficial scratches that rest on the clear-coat or base paint
- Deep scratches that extend to the primer, or as far down as the metal
Superficial scratch repairs can be completed in a matter of hours. Removing car scratches involves:
- Sanding the surrounding paint to the level of the scratch with ultra-fine sandpaper
- Buffing the sanded area for level coloring
- Waxing to seal in the repair
Deep scratch repairs take more time and care, often requiring us to repaint – but these more serious scratch repairs can still be completed within one day.
Your Carsmetics consultant will advise you on the best repair process for your “scratch” damage.